You're reading the Bluffton Icon - Bluffton, Ohio - Washington never slept here, but Dillinger robbed our bank
Several new construction steps are part of the June 14 Bl;uffton Hospital renovation. Work projects planned this week follow:
* Charles Construction will be installing the new exterior Emergency Department entrance door.
* As they prepare to install the new interior ER entrance door, Facility Services will begin to remove the wall shelves and fixed desk at the former ER Nurse Station.
* The patient monitors will be relocated as a wall mount within the existing Emergency Department.
* After the desk is removed, a fireproof vinyl barrier will be put in place to allow the contractor to install the interior Emergency Department door. This will keep the current ER area operational.
* For the surgery area, work begins with setting the footers and foundation in the former garage area.
* The new buildings are being constructed following U.S. Green Building Council guidelines. The intent is to achieve LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certification upon completion.