The public is invited to the Bluffton Hospital "topping off"party. The event is at 10 a.m., Wednesday, Oct. 6, at the hospital. Click to view a display ad listing more details. Here are the specific projects at the hospital for the week of Oct. 4-8.
- Structural steel installation and framing of the two story addition is nearing completion.
- Installation of the second floor and roof decking continues this week. Second floor concrete will be poured soon.
- The underground plumbing for the two story addition is underway.
- Exterior stud work and studs for the "eyebrow" are continuing.
- Framing of new walls and the installation of HVAC duct work continues in the new operating room. The installation of the exterior brick on this addition is near completion.
- Spray-on fire proofing of all structural steel is being mobilized to start.
- Work continues behind the existing hospital on the construction of masonry walls and concrete pads for the liquid oxygen tank, propane tank and standby generator.