Bluffton, Indiana, was nicknamed “The Parlor City” over a century ago because its paved streets (a new phenomenon at the time) made the city “as clean as your parlor."
Allen County is in a Level 2 snow emergency.
Level 2: Roads are hazardous (including primary roads) with blowing and drifting snow a possibility. Only those who feel it is necessary to drive should be on these roadways. Employees should contact their employers to see if they should report to work.
The following is from www.weather.com
... WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 AM EST MONDAY... ... WIND CHILL WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM MONDAY TO 8 PM EST TUESDAY...
* HEAVY SNOW WILL CONTINUE THIS EVENING. SLEET OR RAIN MAY MIX WITH THE SNOW AT TIMES. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 6 TO 10 INCHES ARE EXPECTED. HOWEVER... THESE AMOUNTS COULD BE REDUCED IF ADDITIONAL SLEET AND RAIN MIX WITH THE SNOW.
* GUSTY NORTHWEST WINDS OF 20 TO 30 MPH ARE EXPECTED THIS EVENING. THIS WILL CAUSE SIGNIFICANT BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW TONIGHT INTO MONDAY.
* TEMPERATURES WILL DROP DRASTICALLY TONIGHT WITH LOWS BETWEEN 5 BELOW AND 15 BELOW ZERO. DEADLY WIND CHILLS BETWEEN 30 BELOW AND 45 BELOW ZERO CAN BE EXPECTED SUNDAY NIGHT THROUGH TUESDAY.
* ROADS ARE SNOW COVERED... SLICK AND HAZARDOUS. SIGNIFICANT DRIFTING SNOW WILL CAUSE ROADWAYS TO BECOME PARTIALLY OR FULLY IMPASSABLE FOR A PERIOD OF TIME.
* VISIBILITIES WILL BE REDUCED TO ONE QUARTER MILE OR LESS IN HEAVY SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW.
* FROST BITE AND HYPOTHERMIA WILL OCCUR IN A MATTER OF MINUTES WITH THESE EXPECTED WIND CHILLS. DEATH WILL ALSO OCCUR IF PRECAUTIONS ARE NOT TAKEN.
A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW ARE FORECAST THAT WILL MAKE TRAVEL DANGEROUS. ONLY TRAVEL IN AN EMERGENCY. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL... KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT... FOOD... AND WATER IN YOUR VEHICLE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY.
A WIND CHILL WARNING MEANS THE COMBINATION OF VERY COLD AIR AND STRONG WINDS WILL CREATE DANGEROUSLY LOW WIND CHILL VALUES. THIS WILL RESULT IN FROST BITE AND LEAD TO HYPOTHERMIA OR DEATH IF PRECAUTIONS ARE NOT TAKEN.