Several Bluffton churches sponsor a Community Chili Cook-off later this month with proceeds benefiting the Bluffton Community Assistance Program.
The cook-off is from 5:30 to 7 p.m., Wednesday, Feb. 22, at the Bluffton middle school cafetorium, according to Lynda Best, who is heading up the event.
She said that at least eight different chili recipes will be available for tasting during the event. These are provided by individuals and church groups.
• Tickets are $5, which include chili tasting and drinks
• Optional items for sale include sandwiches and baked goods
• Entertainment provided by students of Dancers Elite and Krysti’s Music Studio.
• Gift basket and prize drawings available for persons who donate canned or boxed food items
• Participants will vote for a “people’s choice award” for the best chili recipe
“Bring the family for a meal and entertainment and support a valuable community resource,” said Best.
Sponsors include: Bluffton Presbyterian Church, with assistance from Bluffton Baptist Church, Emmanuel United Church of Christ, First United Methodist Church, St. John’s United Church of Christ and other organizations.