They graduated from Bluffton High School 71 years ago.
• In 1944 the average cost of new house was $3,450.
• The average wages per year were $2,400.
• The cost of a gallon of gas was 15 cents.
• The average cost to rent a house was $50 per month.
• The cost of a loaf of bread 10 cents. • D-Day took place a few weeks after they graduated. • The number one pop tune was "Swinging On A Star," by Bing Crosby
Josh Bickel, a photographer for Ohio Magazine, wanted to see the sights of Bluffton.
So, naturally, we took him to the clock tower of the town hall. Bickel was in Bluffton last Friday taking photos of Bluffton University campus and the village for an upcoming feature on Bluffton University.
Watch for the September issue of Ohio Magazine. You can't miss the Bluffton University...