Swiss homestead Christmas open house Saturday - watch for details on the Icon
Bluffton Hospital has reached its $1 million capital campaign goal to support the renovation and expansion of the emergency and surgery departments.
Isabelle West, a longtime resident of Bluffton, pledged the lead gift to the Bluffton Hospital expansion project during the leadership phase of the campaign launched in 2009. The $1 million fundraising target was met last week.
"We are so grateful to our donors for their generosity to Bluffton Hospital," said Bill Watkins, Chief Administrative Officer of Bluffton Hospital. "By giving to the Bluffton Hospital capital campaign they have shown their commitment and support to the community, and for that we can't say thank you enough."
The Blanchard Valley Health Foundation will continue to accept gifts to support the campaign. "Additional generosity over and above the goal is greatly appreciated and will help to ease the financial burden of the project," said Linda DeArment, chief development officer of the Blanchard Valley Health Foundation.
Honorary Bluffton Hospital capital campaign chairs are Ropp and Mary Emma Triplett. The campaign cabinet includes Karen Klassen Harder, PhD; Jerry Lewis; Oliver Lugibihl, MD; Richard McGarrity; Charles Niswander; Steve Ritter; Mayor Fred Rodabaugh; Howard M. Shelly, MD; Elnora Stratton and Robert Suter, PhD.
The $1 goal being reaching was announced during the Bluffton Hospital "topping off"party on Wednesday. As the hospital construction project continues, here are the specific projects at the hospital for the week of Oct. 4-8.
- Structural steel installation and framing of the two story addition is nearing completion.
- Installation of the second floor and roof decking continues this week.
- Second floor concrete will be poured soon.
- The underground plumbing for the two story addition is underway.
- Exterior stud work and studs for the "eyebrow" are continuing.
- Framing of new walls and the installation of HVAC duct work continues in the new operating room. The installation of the exterior brick on this addition is near completion.
- Spray-on fire proofing of all structural steel is being mobilized to start.
- Work continues behind the existing hospital on the construction of masonry walls and concrete pads for the liquid oxygen tank, propane tank and standby generator.