Posted by Fred Steiner on November 29, 2013 - 10:30am
The Bluffton Area Chamber of Commerce's Blaze of Lights is supported by over 25 sponsors. Here is this year's list of Blaze supporters.
Gold - $1,500
• Bluffton University
• First National Bank
• Jerry Lewis McDonald’s Restaurants
Silver - $500
• Bluffton Paving and Bluffton Stone Co.
• Bluffton Hospital
• Citizens National Bank
• DTR Industries
• Mennonite Home Communities of Ohio
• Shannon Theatre and Shirley’s Gourmet Popcorn Co.
Posted by Fred Steiner on November 18, 2013 - 4:31pm
Drive Time Driving Instructions announces the next Bluffton classes begin on Sunday, Dec. 1.
Drive Time offers:
• 24 hours of required classroom instruction
• 6 sessions scheduled over a two-week period with your input
• 8 hours of behind-the-wheel training (We'll pick you up and drop you off; no need to come to the office)
• Carefully chosen, highly qualified instructors
• Background checks on all instructors
• Licensed by the Ohio Department of Public Safety
Posted by Fred Steiner on November 17, 2013 - 12:49pm
Husky Energy, RMF Nooter, GEM Industrial, Inc., PRO-TEC Coating Co. and the Lima Building Trades Council were presented with prestigious Zero Injury Safety Awards (ZISA) during the National Maintenance Agreement Policy Committee's annual gala in Washington, DC on Oct. 24.
GEM Industrial, Inc., PRO-TEC Coating Co. and the Lima Building Trades Council received the ZISA Bronze Star for working 399,567 hours at the Continuous Annealing Plant in Leipsic in 2012 without an OSHA recordable injury.
Posted by Fred Steiner on November 14, 2013 - 10:41pm
The Dough Hook, located on Main Street in Bluffton, will be holding its annual cans for cookies campaign. The store will collect can goods in exchange for cookies beginning Tuesday, Nov. 19 through Saturday, Nov. 23.
Patrons are asked to bring in a canned good and will receive a free cookie for each canned good they bring in. Canned goods will then be donated to area food pantries.